Swapping USB Interfaces in Sonar

ido1957

9K Gold Member
I installed the drivers for Lexicon U42S and used that successfully for several months. I bought an Alesis Multimix 16 USB mixer and installed it's drivers. It automatically changed my Sonar 6 to use the Alesis as the input/output. It set itself up in the Audio option as the main driver. So I'm guessing that is the norm...but I had hoped I could switch between the two. The Lexicon drivers were visible but dimmed so not selectable.

When I first hooked up the mixer, I only had I/O for two channels. I had to update the firmware from Alesis.com in order to access all 16 channels. Everthing worked well and I transferred several songs from my ADAT to the computer 8 tracks at a time. (There was the nasty static that my ADAT was notorious for - makes me more willing to go straight to computer nowadays)

In order to go back to using the Lexicon I had to uninstall the Alesis drivers. I first tried deleting the AUD.ini file and it just recreated itself with the Alesis drivers until I uninstalled them. Then the Audio settings were back to the Lexicon but I had to set the latency back to 1000 as it was before.

So hope this is of help to anyone who finds themselves in the same situation....

Back