Studio One 6 Artist purchase

Arv

Been using Samplitude Pro 8 but every now and then it hiccups. Easy fix but annoying. So last nite I purchased Studio One 6.
Upon opening I realize there is a whole new learning curve to go through. But the program looks really decent.
My only hesitation is wondering if I have to redo my songs in it OR can they be transferred...!?! I do like the thought of having two
nice DAW's ! Some pretty pricey Plugins out there! :) For education I picked up 'The Mixing Engineers Handbook" and "Studio One Tricks and Tips".

I switched to Studio One Artist several years ago from Samplitude Pro X3 Suite. I really like Studio One much better and I recently upgraded to version 6.5. In fact, if I can get a Black Friday/holiday deal, I'll upgrade to Professional.

Importing files into S1 is rather limited so I don't believe you can import the .VIP files directly. I imported my finished Samplitude songs as .wav files. I would imagine you would have to import your Samplitude projects as individual tracks in the .wav format into a new song template. Importing large projects with many tracks would be tedious. Maybe someone else has a better method. Good luck!

Back