Strange / unique guitars you own...

I guess I've been a blue collar bottom feeder for so long, I don't know how to react to something nice. I'm not accustomed to thoroughbreds anymore, and so I've learned an appreciation for mutts.

I'll have to dig up a couple of pictures.

here's one:
When Saban was coach at LSU I tuned his piano and played a few parties at his house.
I ran across a strat that was LSU purple or really close.
So I changed the pickguard and p'up covers to gold ( LSU is purple and gold) and then got him to sign it.
later on I sold it to a LSU fanboy.

Another one I wish I had back.

Attachments

• strat2.jpg
    strat2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 83
  • autograph.jpg
    autograph.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 82
[II still have my late 1966 Burns/Baldwin Double Six 12 string. This photo is off the web because mine looks exactly like it. I've had it since new and have turned down a $1000 offer. The zero fret gives great action and the Van Gent tuners still work well. Mine also stays in tune after 5 years in the case. I replaced the finger board in the 90's because my nails finally chewed up the wood. It weighs a ton but I love it. Someday I'll drop a tune-a-matic type twelve saddle bridge on it for perfect intonation all the way up the neck. The white polyester finish looks like it just came from the factory. Hugs...][/I]

Attachments

• Burns-Baldwin-Doble-Six-1967-white-002[1].jpg
    Burns-Baldwin-Doble-Six-1967-white-002[1].jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 59
Back