Steinberg Cubase 7 w/UR824 routing problem

mminarik

Wishing for a seamless compatibility and ease of setup I have purchased the Ultimate Cubase Recording Pack (Cubase 7 + UR824). After setting everything up according to the instructions I can hear signal from a microphone connected to the UR824 (MIC/LINE/Hi-Z 1) in headphones (phones 1) as well as in monitors (LINE OUT 1 + 2) when I use the included dspMixFx software. At the same time the UR824 works as an external sound card i.e. audio played from the PC (active as DAW channel in dspmixFx console) is in both headphones and monitors.

BUT, when I close dspMixFx and run Cubase, I loose the MIC signal. I managed routing to get out signals from VST instruments, I can also hear PC audio, but the MIC is gone. When I add a voice track assigned to channel 1 I can see activity bars responding to the MIC, but no sound ... :(

Can anyone please, help?

thank you!

M.

Hello,

Inside of Cubase you have to make sure that you have setup your VST connections properly.
Go to Devices > VST Connections > Input and create a new mono bus for your mic.
Now create a new mono track for it.
Select the mono bus that you have created as an input for that track.
Enable the monitor or record button.
You should now see the signal and listen to it on the track.

For more details about the ASIO driver and the vst connections please read the following article:
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/sup...-up-a-driver-for-audio-output-pc-windows.html

Best regards,
GN

Dear Guillermo, many thanks for your reply (and sorry for such a delay in back reply as I was out for a few weeks).

I did all again according to your instructions, but still the same - I see activity bar going up and down when touching the MIC, but I can not hear the signal. Many thanks for another suggestion - here is a printscreen:

CubaseProblem01.jpg

See that icon that looks like the side view of a speaker next to the track armed button? Toggle that. :)

You can change that to automatically switch for you when you hit record in Preferences.

File>Preferences...>VST>Auto Monitoring. Change to 'Tapemachine Style'.

See that icon that looks like the side view of a speaker next to the track armed button? Toggle that. :)

You can change that to automatically switch for you when you hit record in Preferences.

File>Preferences...>VST>Auto Monitoring. Change to 'Tapemachine Style'.

Unbelievable! Thank you indeed that was it! I can not believe how stupid I am. I guess I though it was active and to deactivate I would expect it to toggle to a crossed speaker icon (such as the one in Windows), not a grey/orange toggle. Many thanks !!
best
M.

Back