Speaker Purchase

Cheers, mate. Just gonna check my Ohmage later and then make an order tomorrow.

"Seemingly twice as loud as anything else at the same power level"

That aint no lie. V30s are louder than most speakers with all things being equal.

"Seemingly twice as loud as anything else at the same power level"

That aint no lie. V30s are louder than most speakers with all things being equal.

That can only be a good thing.

Longer term - I'm gonna get my strat up to a level where it can effectively sub for my Crimson, sell the Ibanez and Washburn and get another amp I think. The V30 can then be swtiched out of my current combo into a seprate cab and the Rocket 50 can go back into my current combo.

That can only be a good thing.

Longer term - I'm gonna get my strat up to a level where it can effectively sub for my Crimson, sell the Ibanez and Washburn and get another amp I think. The V30 can then be swtiched out of my current combo into a seprate cab and the Rocket 50 can go back into my current combo.

Have you considered just getting a separate cab? Sure it'll cost a little more, but if you got a V30 2x12 it'll be very versatile, sound better than a 1x12, and you can stick just about any head on it.

Have you considered just getting a separate cab? Sure it'll cost a little more, but if you got a V30 2x12 it'll be very versatile, sound better than a 1x12, and you can stick just about any head on it.

Not at this stage - but maybe down the line - in conjunction with another amp. I'm looking at little lunchbox-style amps (TT style). I'm just trying to make sure that I don't end up buying anything I have to sell.

This ^ is what I'd do Jdude, that way you don't have to worry about swapping speakers in/out of a combo amp. I understand your need for portability, and I'm not saying you can't get a good sound from a combo, but a bigger cab will give you a bigger sound...

I haven't used that lean business site, but I have used hotrox.co.uk and had them price match the lean business price on one of the speakers I bought.

Back