Soundcard for a laptop

i bought the tascam us-122 for my laptop..which is a pIII 1000 mhz.
Works flawless..never went the pcmcia way as i never needed more than 2 tracks at a time for my mobile setup!

does you laptop have a firewire port?

JerryD said:
Are there any good PCMCIA sound cards for a laptop?

Anyone had any success using a laptop?

you can get a pcmcia firewire adapter and use all those sexy firewire thingies (thingies is a techy term).

So,

I can plug a card into my laptop that will then allow me to connect a firewire device? Just like I would plug in an etherner card if I did not have it.

That is very cool.

'cool' another techy term!

Chazinmo said:
So,

I can plug a card into my laptop that will then allow me to connect a firewire device? Just like I would plug in an etherner card if I did not have it.

That is very cool.

how long have your spoken cool? and yes you can. computer geeks had a pcmcia firewire card for really cheap last week, but investigate the make and drivers and shit first, cause geeks can save you money, or sell you outdated shit if you don't know what you are doing. www.computergeeks.com

The Emu thing is goofy. $400-500, and it only works with a laptop, and only has two pre's. Firepod has 8, and will work with a desktop too.

Seems like they would have been wise to make it compatible with PCI and Cardbus, like Echo used to do.

here is that pcmcia adapter, 2 firewire, 2 usb 2.0...

Rstiltskin said:
how long have your spoken cool? and yes you can. computer geeks had a pcmcia firewire card for really cheap last week, but investigate the make and drivers and shit first, cause geeks can save you money, or sell you outdated shit if you don't know what you are doing. www.computergeeks.com

I have bought stuff from these guys before, but then I know what i am buying. never needed to return anything so I don't know how they are that way. but some shit is so damn cheap! this firewire +usb is 19.95 and they have a 3 plug firewire only pcmcia for 15.95!

here is the link to the item http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=GUC2700&cat=CCD

disclaimer......i've sent them money, they have sent me stuff, that's all I know. YMMV

I actually used the term "cool" before it was a techie term (in fact, when I first heard the work techie, it was in realation to lighting and stage guys).

Anyway, I think I started using the word "Cool" when I heard Bill Cosby use it on the I-Spy TV show. No one was cooler than Bill Cosby and Robert Culp.

Then I started playing music and a guy hipped me to Miles' "Kind of Blue" album and told me it was "Cool Jazz".

And when I was 16 years old I grew long hair and sideburns and a girl told me she thought I was really cool. That completed any reinforcement I needed to make it a permanent part of my vocabulary.

Funny how a term that meant very relaxed and laid-back in a sophisticated and hip way came to be used to described ingeneous and innovative computer software and hardware.

Back