Song for firends I've lost

Violent5

Two childhood friends overdosed last year. My sister-in-laws close friend was murdered two weeks ago. This song is kind of a tribute to those lost friends. Its more of a song about hope rather than sorrow. Its not a very good recording. Its just me in the basement with beer and a mic. I'll probably never clean it up, I just record to help construct songs.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=569528
The song is "Over The Moon"

comments welcome,
Violent5

Sorry about your friends....but a song like this helps I'm sure....

Sounds a little bit more than you and a mic (I think I heard drums there) ;)

Catchy tune - good songwriting/lyrics/playing.....

Only needs a bit of vocal cleanup - I'm getting some distortion on them once in a while (could be just me/my system though).

Thanks for sharing! :)

Sorry about the friends man, music to me is always the best way to letting something out too.
Interesting tune, sounds like you have some interesting effects on the vox. Guitar sound is real good, I like that. Vocals sound like they could use some compression and leveling here and there. They are a bit harsh in the loud parts too, maybe EQ some of the higher harsher sounds there to smooth out the recording.
Cool :cool: :cool:

Interesting stuff.

In general your stuff has a lot of biblical references for a fella' called violent!
Were you catholic in a former life? :D

ido1957 said:
Sorry about your friends....but a song like this helps I'm sure....

Sounds a little bit more than you and a mic (I think I heard drums there) ;)

Catchy tune - good songwriting/lyrics/playing.....

Only needs a bit of vocal cleanup - I'm getting some distortion on them once in a while (could be just me/my system though).

Thanks for sharing! :)

I think he did the drums in the computer.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the replies folks. No the drums are me on a kit its just that I never play them so I'm a sux drummer. Yeah for some reason I do tend to write about faith, I guess because I dont seem to have any. I'm not a religious guy but I have read the Bible many times.

Violent5

Back