Sonar 8 or Pro Tools 8 LE

dmckissic

I recently upgraded to Sonar 8 just before I bought an Mbox2 audio interface which came with Pro tools 8 LE. I've mainly been using the PT since I wanted to learn it. Im pretty comfortable with Sonar 7, been using it for about a year now. I am starting to do some comparisons between the two to see which one I like the best. They definitely seem to have a different sound so far. as far as features that Ive seen (as of yet), not to much difference.
Does anybody have a preference between the two and if so what are the advantages-disadvantages.:confused:
Thanks

PT or Sonar

I am a newbie at all of this but it seems to me that the Pro Tools has a more natural sound, while the Sonar sounds more commercial? May just be my system or me. Its like I can record an acoustic track in sonar and it sounds like it has been compressed and eq'd already and in PT it sounds like the ovation acoustic that Im playing? may just be me. When I get some time this weekend, (been working hard all week), Ill do a quick recording in each with no automation on either, post it on my sound click and see what you think?

That's the first I heard of there being a difference in sound quality between different DAW's. I jumped into Sonar because at the time PT was light on midi and I liked the fact that Sonar was more balanced in that respect.

sonar

It's probably just me like I said don't know too much about this yet. I had been fighting with a mixer trying to decide whether I should use it just go DI, I finally trashed the mixer, just a cheap tapco anyway. That might have had something to do with it. I like midi in sonar as well. The V8 has the straight instrument track like the one in PT now. That's cool saves a lot of time. Seems t\he Sonar dont\ use as much CPU either.

Back