Sonar 3, Midisport 8x8 and Delta1010

vicevursa

Ok, I am straight struggling! I am stuck on the tutorials in Sonar3. Specifically, tutorial#1. Crazy, right, being as I upgraded from Sonar2? Anyway, I am working with a Midisport 8x8, a Delta 1010, I also have a Sound Blaster Platinum, but I am not really interested right now if it ever works for recording. I have a KeyStation Pro 88 midi controller, a Alesis Q6.1 synth, and a DM5 drum machine. The Delta 1010, Midisport, Keystation, and Sonar 3 are all fresh out of the box. That is what I think probably what the part of the problem is. Obviously, I know something is wrong with my setup. Or maybe I just don't understand. Here's the deal...

When Sonar is up and running the when I play the keystation I can pkay sounds from both my synth and drum machine. No problem, that works as I expected. But when I play back tracks as in tutorial#1 I can't hear all the tracks at once. I only hear the tracks played by from either the synth or the drum machine. How do I get them to all play at once? And for those of you with the delta1010 do you constantly have to go back and forth between Sonar and the M Audio control panel just to hear sounds whether it is recorded audio or the hardware. The monitoring is throwing me off as well...

Well, I appreciate any and all help. M Audio's manuals aren't detailed enough for me...

Is anybody using the Delta 1010. Using the Delta 1010 patch panel I can see the meters for both HW In 1/2 and HW In 3/4 have activity, but I can only hear one set of inputs a time. That makes me assume the MidiSport is working correctly. Any takers?

What are your Wav/Out meters showing? They're the ones that indicate how much playback you'll hear.

Also have you selected Monitor Mixer in the Patchbay/Router?

I basically have my synth plugged into H/W In 1/2 and my other sound module (drum machine) plugged into H/W In 3/4. My monitors are plugged into the H/W 1/2 out. When I click play in Sonar here's what happens:

If I am playing wave files I see signal on the wave meters. If I am playing my midi instruments I can see where they are respectively sending signal to the card. I can only hear one intrument at a time, though.

If under H/W Out 1/2 in the Delta Control Panel's Patchbay/Router I can hear wave files.
If I toggle Monitor Mixer I get no sound at all. If H/W In 1/2 is toggled all I get is sounds from my synth. And with H/W In 3/4 toggled I get the drum machine. Is there a way I can get all inputs at the same time. I have been looking, but I haven't come across it, but I believe in previous versions of Sonar you could add more virtual mains. How do I do that with Sonar 3. Has it been renamed or am I just confused?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Ok, guys, I figured what the problem is. When using ASIO drivers there's a check box that allows you to Enable/Disable audio app use of the Monitor Mixer and Patchbay/Router. Now, I am ready to start playing with Sonar 3 and the softsynths! I am sure I am going to come back with more questions that go unanswered...:D

I still love you all! :p

Back