Some positivity? Am I allowed to do that here?

Random dude

There are still some good people in this world. I always say that the world is a better place than what they try to feed us in the news, on TV, etc...Stop watching that shit. It's polluting your brain.

Long story short, I was at Adonis (a great mid-Eastern grocery store here in Montreal). I lost $200 cash. Fell out of my pocket when I took my keys out.
So, I go back in to ask if anyone found it, knowing damn well I'll never see that money again.

Lo and be-fucking-hold, one of the workers picked it up and actually turned it into the front desk.
So, I asked who it was. The lady pointed him out. Some dude just stocking fucking mangos. I went and tried to hand him $50, but he wouldn't take it.
But I wasn't leaving until he did. I finally got him to take it and never felt better about giving away money.

The dude, working for probably minimum wage, turned in $200 cash! Now THAT'S a man.

It's YOUR world. It's up to you to make it great.

That's all. Just wanted to spread some good shit.

Have a great day. Or don't. That's up to you.:)

There are still some good people in this world. I always say that the world is a better place than what they try to feed us in the news, on TV, etc...Stop watching that shit. It's polluting your brain.

Long story short, I was at Adonis (a great mid-Eastern grocery store here in Montreal). I lost $200 cash. Fell out of my pocket when I took my keys out.
So, I go back in to ask if anyone found it, knowing damn well I'll never see that money again.

Lo and be-fucking-hold, one of the workers picked it up and actually turned it into the front desk.
So, I asked who it was. The lady pointed him out. Some dude just stocking fucking mangos. I went and tried to hand him $50, but he wouldn't take it.
But I wasn't leaving until he did. I finally got him to take it and never felt better about giving away money.

The dude, working for probably minimum wage, turned in $200 cash! Now THAT'S a man.

It's YOUR world. It's up to you to make it great.

That's all. Just wanted to spread some good shit.

Have a great day. Or don't. That's up to you.:)
Same thing happened to me at MDs in Kingsport Tn. recently. I left my wallet on the counter, had about 150 in it. I rarely carry cash and when I do I rarely put it in my wallet, but I was going to get weed. Went to pay for the weed and realized I had left my wallet there. Went back an hour later and a young cashier had put it away. I tried to give her 20 bucks but she wouldn't take it. I thought maybe because I am a senior citizen? I told her I'm not rich but I am not broke either, just take it and she wouldn't.

Same thing happened to me at MDs in Kingsport Tn. recently. I left my wallet on the counter, had about 150 in it. I rarely carry cash and when I do I rarely put it in my wallet, but I was going to get weed. Went to pay for the weed and realized I had left my wallet there. Went back an hour later and a young cashier had put it away. I tried to give her 20 bucks but she wouldn't take it. I thought maybe because I am a senior citizen? I told her I'm not rich but I am not broke either, just take it and she wouldn't.
I love it.

I didn't care about the cash really, the hassle of getting another license, cancelling credit cards etc. It would have been well worth the twenty bucks she wouldn't take. I am sure it would have cost more.

Another time on the way home from work in the winter I swerved to miss a deer and wound up stuck in a snow bank. I can't get her out. A couple of Hispanic guys pull up and try to help push it out, no go. They say wait right here, don't go anywhere lol, we will be right back. They came back with the farm truck and pulled me out. They wouldn't take any money. I forgot to ask them if they were legal or not because, frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn, borders are for small minds.

I didn't care about the cash really, the hassle of getting another license, cancelling credit cards etc. It would have been well worth the twenty bucks she wouldn't take. I am sure it would have cost more.
Absolutely. I happened to just lose cash. But if lost my wallet, with all my cards, etc...That's a real nightmare. I've been through that. It's not fun. I'd rather lose money.

I forgot to ask them if they were legal or not
That wouldn't have even crossed my mind. There are many "legal" criminals, too. Anyway, I hope this thread doesn't get polluted. I'd like to keep it positive.
frankly Scarlett,
Ha! On a few other forums, my username is "Frank Lee Scarlett". Funny thing is. Nobody seems to get it. They actually think that's my name. :D

Last edited:
An Army buddy left his Walkman on a subway in Japan and someone turned it in to lost & found. Supposedly this kind of thing is the norm in Japan, don't know what the comparative odds are of it happening on an American subway.

I was biking home from the gym one day and discovered my wallet had fallen out of my hip pack. A few moments later a guy pulled up and said he saw it fall out and followed me to give it to me.

On the other hand I lost my wallet at the gym at college once, weeks later I got a call from campus security that they found the wallet, cash was gone. Also while at college I found a bunch of long distance calls on my phone bill I didn't make, did some detective work and found out who was making them. Went to their dorm room and asked to speak to the person in question - the very surprised-looking girl that answered the door claimed that person was out, I clarified why I was there. The mystery long distance calls stopped. It just so happened that this dorm was the same building the campus office of the phone company was in, seems likely there was a connection. Also had some checks stolen at college because I didn't realize that just changing your address with the bank doesn't change the address the checks are delivered to. The new owner of my old P.O. Box the checks went to went on a pizza binge a the day before they moved out of the dorm next door at the end of the semester. I closed the account and it didn't cost me anything but aggravation, filed a police report, some female detective called me to sort out what had gone on. As far as I know they did -0- follow-up as far as finding out who the P.O. box owner was.

I once left my wallet at a Home Depot 30 miles away from my home. Just cashed a check so knew I had $600 crisp Benji's in it. Went back to HD and they checked the cameras because nobody turned it in.

In the end it was an employee that snagged it. Home Depot gave me $900 store credit to make it go away. I gladly accepted. But what about my drivers license and credit cards?

The better part of the story is that someone found the wallet in an apartment parking lot two weeks later. Found a Blockbuster Video card in it and went to one nearby. They called me and said they have my wallet and cards. Yay!

I also had a private investigator friend who was able to get the employees name. The wallet was found in the parking lot of the apartments she lived in...

I was in a Kroger store some years back at lunch. Apparently while pulling out my wallet, my AmEx and Visa, plus my Kroger card fell to the ground. When I got back to work, there was a call from the store. They saw the AmEx was a company card so they knew where I worked, and knew my name from the Kroger card and Visa. Turns out a customer in line had seen them on the ground by the cashier lane and handed them to the cashier.

There are still decent people around.

Back