Some new studio things happening.

homestudioguy

I am in the process of designing a new desk for my studio for which there will be Build Plans.
It will be designed to accommodate a midi-controller keyboard (hopefully the Nektar P4), it will have 3-sets of slanted 6-space racks behind the keyboard shelf and a shelf behind that for a Video Monitor and a small pair of audio monitors.

DIY Lumber Cost for desk will be around $40-$60.
Rack Rail sets will total about $45

Larger Monitors will be on monitor stands currently in design stage that will utilize a paving style block to help decouple the monitor from the stand.

Just added the Focusrite 8-Pre-X, FOCAL Alpha 80 Monitors and a used Chameleon Labs 7802 Stereo Tube Opto-Compressor.
Pics below.

Will be selling my Yamaha n12 Digital Firewire Mixer and some other items...

RecRig-resized.jpg

Rack At Angle.jpg

RackTop.jpg

How do you like the Focusrite? And are you using PC or Apple? The Focusrite web site says that the Clarette should work on pc.

I havent connected it to my current PC and am looking to get a Mac in the not too distant future.
I have run things through the trs inputs and from that perspective, the Focusrite sounds great!
My initial mind battle was whether to go with the 8pre or 8preX.
My Yamaha n12 has a ton of connection points and the fact that the Focusrite "X" version has trs inputs on each channel along with XLRs made that choice a little easier.
The n12 is a phenomenal mixer but an upcoming relocation will most likely see my recording space reduce in size if not disappear altogether so I'm revisioning and re-engineering my home studio set-up for those possibilities.

Back