Solved - How do I connect 2 iPads to a single LiveTrak (1 as a DAW, the other for L-20 app control)?

DannyMcO

It it possible to connect 2 iPads to a single Livetrak simultaneously, each for a different function? One via Bluetooth for the L-20 Control app (as the rack version lacks a lot of physical controls on its face), the other via the USB "DEVICE" port to record/import/edit files in via Cubasis.

A computer won't work in my live room for a variety of reasons, but I have 2 iPads, and can easily add another one to my own mic stand or a band mate's.

Unsuccessfully tried this using a camera adapter on an older iPad while connected to Bluetooth on a newer one, but couldn't get them both to connect - though in fairness, I was unsuccessful in just getting the iPad to connect via the adapter using either Cubasis LE or GarageBand, so I don't think the fault was 2 devices being connected at once, so much as the one not connected at all, whether alone or with a 2nd iPad.

Last edited:
Update - was able to achieve this with a USB-C HDMI adapter being the physical connection, but not with a USB-Lightning camera adapter. Don't know if the standard is somehow different, but it was the same results on both the L-20 and L-20R - the older, Lightning connection wouldn't work.

Now I just have to deal with the audio dropouts. Sample rates are all lined up, the physically connected unit is on airplane mode so there's no wireless interference, but the audio cuts in and out irregularly. Guessing it's latency, but I have zero idea how to correct this using on the iPad and the Zoom outside of adjusting latency on Cubasis 3, which didn't work at all.

Back