Sleepwalk

The lead guitar tone sounds pretty nice. A couple of spots with the whammy bar sounded out of tune tho - noticed one or two near the beginning.

Some timing issues in a few spots.

Bass level is inconsistent. The low end of the mix disappears in spots. Mostly I think it's how the bassline is played.

The cymbals are loud relative to the kick/snare.

nice playing but yeah a couple spots that the guitar doesn't hit the notes that it sounds like it should. Lead guitar may be a touch too loud and/or have too much presence. Good job though

Sounds good but not quiet tight with the groove. Guitar sounds out in front of the other instruments. Could be latency or just how you play, but it gives an anxious feel on a song that should be slack/behind the beat imo. The parts that are on beat like 1:30-1:45 sound great. I like the Jazz/brush drums.

I can't add much to what has already been said. Just wanted to post and say that I really enjoyed listening to the track. Felt myself day dream away listening to it, so chilled!

Thought I recognized this from somewhere. La Bamba soundtrack is where I heard it. Give credit where it's due:

Sleepwalk
Performed by Santo & Johnny
Courtesy of Pausa, Inc.
Words & Music by Santo Farina, Johnny Farina & Ann Farina

https://youtu.be/2rwfqsjimRM (check out the Fender slide)

...by jiminy

Back