Sick by Meursault

That was great, man.
Reminds me of Massive Attack's or Tricky's early records. I have no complaints or recommendations on the mix. In fact, the mix enhanced the song, which is the ultimate situation. I don't have a sub, so I can't comment to that.

My first thought would be to lay off the verb on the guitar tracks altogether. Up until 1:09 it kinda works, but then just seems distant and mushy. I feel the guitar being more up front at that point as well.

I feel where you are going with this but think it is a bit washed in verb overall in relation to the beat track. Which by the way sounds on point.

Cool tune man!

The only thing that bugs me about this is the snare sound. It's OK in the middle break but the start and end parts are stabbing my brain thru headphones. It's at least 6db too loud. Otherwise very chill sounding and nice progression

Overall I thought it was OK.

I thought the snare lacked a little power. It was kind of flappy. And the kick needed more definition in the attack. It was kind of muffled. And you might want to roll off some of the very very low end off of it.

Other than that, I thought things sounded pretty good. Things had pretty decent separation. Too much reverb on the gutiars for my personal taste. But that's just me.

The low end was overpowering to my ears. There was a rumbling that never went away. Maybe that's the genre, I don't know. But I got the feeling I was stuck at a red light sitting next to one of those thump thump cars. That super-hyped low end rumble is not musical to my ears. Otherwise the soundscape was well crafted and the playing good. I was hoping for some kind of vocal as I was beginning to lose interest after a couple of minutes.

What is in the picture on your soundcloud link?

I've seen a few others posting links to this kind of music lately. This genre has not been too well represented at the MP3 Clinic, mainly because people who post it seem to be drive-by posters who put up a link hoping for a few comments but don't stick around to participate in the site or offer comments to others. Maybe it would do so, this kind of music would become more of a thing here.

Back