She's High Strung

mark skinner

Hello , here's an instrumental I recently recorded and have been going back and forth with on the mix. I used a high strung acoustic with a raised up dadgad tuning. I used my cello to help fill in the lows and mids because of the high guitars. I didn't bring the bass in at the start didn't want to take focus away from the guitars. Any comments and suggestions are welcomed. Thanks .. mark

Really nice playing! I like the way you're using the open tuning with pull offs, alot of nice movement in the acoustic part. Guitars sounds well recorded and the multiple parts are tight considering how busy the playing is. Well done!

@subvibe , @Stratomaster , Thanks for your reply's , I have a new finished mix that I have "finally" settled on , but haven't posted. This song was showcased on episode 11 of "Creative Sauce" Featured Artists on his you tube channel. This mix resulted from suggestions from guest studio owners. Mike is a power user of Cakewalk and studio 1 , and makes tons of videos. The raw tracks were also used in an acoustic mixing video from Marlon at "White Noise Studio" He's a power Cubase user and you tube video producer. The final mix is a combination of his and my mix. I'll probably post it at some point . It sure is hard to get responses on this forum .. mark

Back