Shallow Graves

PhilLondon

Hey guys. Been working on this mix a bit more. Finding some parts of the vocals difficult to get right but I think I'm more less happy with it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

My first thought is the snare.. Especially at the beginning. It seems to lack presence and body. Try adding some 200hz for fullness and maybe some automation to get it more audible during the louder parts. Tis all for now.. Guitars sound good!

On second listen when the vocals come in, I feel the guitar is lacking something.. Maybe some saturation. And maybe they could be louder during that little bridge between chorus and verse? Just my thoughts! Like the track mind.

This sounds very good Phil. Guitar levels are perfect and sound great. No problem with the vocals for me, except that they could be louder. I'm feeling rather than hearing the bass. The drums seem lacking in thump.

I enjoyed your guitar playing. Those are some cool riffs and leads.

Cool tune. Vocal melody is real good. Only thing that sticks out to me is the vocal levels could be evened out and made to sit in the mix a bit better with some compression. Guitars sound great, nice progression and tasty leads. Good job

Missing the bass on my headphones. Real nice guitar tones. I'd bring down the rhythm guitar levels, they're a little too center stage IMO. Might add something to the vocal on the chorus, it's pretty dry (not really an issue w/ the mix though, just a personal preference.) Nice performances. The drums kind of cut out on a weak note IMO, might want something more for them to go out on.

Back