Shadow of a Dead Rose

K-dub

I'm STARTING to go through final passes on my album rearrangement project.

Meaning - I'm scrambling my old albums and swapping out all the material on them for more cohesion and better flow - while remixing w/ newer modern tools.

This is a massive undertaking, but I'm doing one more time for posterity's sake - in hopes that my naturally unsettled temperment when it comes to remixing will allow me to finally say, "This is as far as I can take it." with everything I've done.

Any/all thoughts are welcome - as once this project is done, I won't be posting these pieces again.

Great tune and arrangement. Lots of energy and I love the vocal harmonies. Only nit is that the piano (?) sounds fairly synthetic especially in the first couple of minutes. I kept thinking how much better it would sound with a real acoustic piano, or at least a VST with more depth and ambience.

Great tune and arrangement. Lots of energy and I love the vocal harmonies. Only nit is that the piano (?) sounds fairly synthetic especially in the first couple of minutes. I kept thinking how much better it would sound with a real acoustic piano, or at least a VST with more depth and ambience.
Truthfully, I'm thinking age is creeping up on me and I fear I'm compensating from aging deficiencies in loudness.

I do listen to older recordings and they, frankly, sound like shit ass older recordings. They sound terrible, and people adore them.

This lends me a semblance of hope.

As much as I doubt myself in the sonic of current recording, there is no way that sonically I sound bad against old recordings.

The main trouble is that I'm old, and I will never be young enough to attract attention in an age of my style becoming passe.

... no matter how good I write in the time that was.

... and I don't have enough of an audience or time enough to live a life of dream.

So all I can do is leave a legacy of the best I can muster.

While my ears fail ... and I do my best.

hmm well...

smack me right on the nose out of the gate - what? no foreplay - well.... == ok.

why so angry?

cool groove of Bowie in the old days

I like the way the composition covers a lot of grounds in a short period of time

kind of a rap.

very nice KD

remember cathedrals on the river?

hmm well...

smack me right on the nose out of the gate - what? no foreplay - well.... == ok.

why so angry?

cool groove of Bowie in the old days

I like the way the composition covers a lot of grounds in a short period of time

kind of a rap.

very nice KD

remember cathedrals on the river?
I do remember Cathedrals on the River. :D

I've not gone back to remix that project yet, though.

I'm just slightly pleased and surprised you remember it. :D

I remember it well.
(talk about dead roses)
It was a lazy Saturday, not unlike today.
You posted on RP about wanting a guitar part for COTR.
I spent the day jamming on it.
In the end I took pieces from like 20 takes and stitched them together for a 10 second solo LOL.
A few regulars were watching.
You hated everything I did. LOL. :)
It was a blast.

Back