Setuping up studio

The Guru

Hey Im almost done setuping my studio , I want to know if I have everything right and how to set everything up ,

I have the following:

Computer
M Audio - Radium Keyboard
Reason
Cakewalk Sonar
Headphones

Getting:

Studio Monitors
Phantom Powered Microphone
M-Audio - Audiophile 2496 (sound card)
Mixer - either the Behringer UB1204FX-PRO Eurorack Mixer or the Phonic - MM1002a Compact Mixer.

Before I buy those I want to make sure im buying the right equipment, Im doing rap music and some r&b. I heard if I buy the m-audio soundcard the mixer hooks into that. The micrphone, headphones, and studio monitors hooks into the mixer. If so tell me how and where it suspose to go thanks.

Looks like you're heading a right direction so far..
You also may need power amp to drive your monitors, unless you get built in powered monitors.
I heard if I buy the m-audio soundcard the mixer hooks into that. The micrphone, headphones, and studio monitors hooks into the mixer.
That goes about the same with any soundcard & mixer..
You better also tell us more about your computer spec..

;)
Jaymz

thanks.

I currently have a

Athlon XP 1.7ghz
80 gig harddrive (getting more)
512mb ddr (adding more)
Windows XP
Dvd
Cd-rw
and on cable modem

also this is an image of the back of the monitors i was thinking about getting

http://www.iblazeonline.com/backmonitors.jpg

does it have the right in/out puts .. it also have some inputs in front i believe i didnt think those were it ..

What monitors are micrphones are you thinking about?

Computer seems plenty fast. For rap you're probably just recording a couple of tracks at a time at the most right? Usually one channel? And the sound card only has 2 inputs, so you can only really handle to signals. I'd get the smallest cheapest behringer for now and get a good standalone preamp when you can afford it. Something like an RNP or Grace 101 would be ideal. But something like a SP VTB-1 or a Maudio DMP3 would be great too and for much cheaper.

Also be careful of the mic you get, you want to find one that matches you're voice for that sound you're looking for. Remember it may be an awesome mic but sound like shit on your voice.

Back