Set up for Loop Station and Audio Interface??

rafecomo

Hey, I hope someone can help me with a problem I've been having, I have a loop station pedal Boss RC30 and an audio interface Scarlett 6i6, I intend to record songs while using the loop station, the problem is I don't know how the set up should be so that the interface would not only record my instruments (vocals, guitar and keyboard) but also the loops I do with the pedal, should all instruments be plugged to the interface and then the pedal plugged to an output of the interface? Would it record what I do with the pedal?. If I don't make my self clear, my intention is to record songs as some YouTube videos, where they cover songs with instruments while using a loop pedal, and then the whole song is recorded so they have the soundtrack for the video on the PC, I hope someone knows, thank you.

Yes but sadly nobody really understood what I was trying to do and when I explained no one answered again so I thought I'd post it again in this category to see if someone else has the same problem,

Ow ok, I saw the answer, thanks for helping man, I have 2 questions though, on one option u said all instruments should be plugged to the boss RC-30, however if I have 3 instruments and I can only plug 2, where can I plug the other one so that it's also on the effects on the loop station? (Cause the RC30 has 3 inputs but one of them needs to be plugged to the interface). And the second was whrn u said go directly from the boss to the Scarlett, would the instruments also be plugged into the boss or in this case could they be on the interface and then the interface to the loop station?

Anything you want looped has to go into the RC30. You want the output of the RC30 connected to your Scarlett interface (or an amp first for guitar amping). Anything you're not going to loop can plug direct to the Scarlett.

I don't think you want to go from the Scarlett to the looper at all (assuming I've understood what you want to do - to jam with the RC30 and record the 'song' you perform).

If you want to plug more instruments into the RC30 than it has inputs for, you could use a mixer. I see it has an aux in - could you use that for a third input?

No actually I think the aux in its just to plug an external audio source, like an iPod and play over it. What would happen if I go from the scarlet to the boss? The instruments wouldn't work with the pedal I guess?, cause I had an idea but I don't know if it makes any sense, but to plug the three instruments to the Scarlett, the plug the Boss to an output of the interface, and then plug the output of the boss back into the interface through an input, so that the boss would get the three instruments, and then it would record back what's played with them, but again I don't know if it makes any sense. It's just that I've seen a few videos of ppl using lots of instruments with the RC30 and record it all, so I guess there must be an solution, just have to find out how do they do that... Haha

You'd have to use the direct monitoring feature, going from the headphone socket of the Scarlett to the RC30, I think - otherwise latency will come into play.

Maybe you can plug the mic into the XLR on the RC30; the keyboard and guitar into the 6i6; then take a stereo jack to mono jacks cable from the headphone socket of the 6i6 into the L & R inputs on the rear of the RC30; and finally take the L&R outputs on the rear of the RC30 into the L&R line inputs on the rear of the 6i6 and record that channel on your PC.

Back