Selling a fairly unusual guitar

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
Gents,

I've decided to get rid of two of my guitars. The RG570 is fine, it's fairly common, lots of info on them and they have lots of fans.

The other is a '78 Washburn Falcon A Series
The Washburn Wing Series

I've tried to take this to shops to sell a few times but have a problem.
There are never any for sale on eBay, no one knows what they're actually worth and no one is actually shopping for one specifically.

I think I paid £275 for it 12 or 13 years ago.

Anyone tried to sell an unusual guitar like this? How did you do it?

I'm not sure what the rules are on selling guitars on here - this isn't really an advert, I'd just like to know how I go about valuing this thing and then selling it for what its really worth as opposed to practically giving it away on trade in.

Remember the reasons you bought it 12 or 13 yrs ago and try to convey that to your potential market. You have to educate them a little on the guitar so they have a reason to be interested in buying it. Just the fact that there are no others for sale will entice someone.

Then double what you paid for it and see if there are any takers.

I just bought it 'cos it looked cool, sounded good and felt good. Mainly 'cos it looked cool though - I wanted a change from a pointy Ibanez and really didn't want a guitar with a Floyd Rose.

I had a Hondo Lazer that was hell to try and sell. There are pics of it on this site, actually, tried to sell it in the free ads section.
Nobody wanted it, anywhere, but when they did sell on eBay, they went for big bucks, so I didn't want to let it go for crap money. I wasn't prepared to go the eBay route, so I offered it up for trade locally.
That worked in my favour, as I traded it for a 77 Musicmaster bass, an active volume pedal and a Fultone Fulldrive pedal. More in trade than I paid for the guitar.
Perhaps a trade would work well for you ?

Prices for recent sold auctions on ebay for these guitars range from $500 - $800 US.

He just said it is never selling on ebay and no one knows whats it's worth?! Cant you read? Do you have science?

My ebay is the US ebay. I guess Wales doesn't have the ebay.

My science can be very intimidating for the young and foolish. Beware!

:spank:

I can't find any that have been listen in the UK. I don't use eBay very often mind.

Prices for recent sold auctions on ebay for these guitars range from $500 - $800 US.
Yep. Though I'm seeing as low as <$400 too plus one or two still bidding for as low as $100.
washburn.png
You can set a "worldwide" filter for more results.

Back