SDC stereo pair for under 1K

WithoutREason

SO, ive got about a grand to blow on gear thi holliday, and im thinking its gonna be mics. Im going to be using the pair mostly for drum OH and accoustic guitar. after looking around a bit i was starting to think the shure ksm137 was the way to go, since that would leave 400 dolars to buy an re20 or something. then i saw the post about the peluso CEMC6. Im thinking that might be the way to go, since soundpure has them for like $600. Are there any pairs you guys might suggest that are closer to the 1k mark that really justify not getting an re20 or something else?

I wish I could comment on the Peluso's but having a pair of Mk012's(with all the caps) amd a pair of 184's I just don't see the need for another pair of sdc's. Howvever, you will not be sorry for the RE20. It is used on every session here from bass drum to cab to vox to bass cab. I don't use it exclusively but it is great to have around when other mics don't quite make it.

A pair of Peluso's and an RE20 would be an excellent use of your $1000. Can't imagine that you wouldn't be satisfied with that combination.

Brad

I agree with everyone above. I think that sounds like an excellent way to spend a grand to get 3 solid mics that you can continue to grow with:)

Peluso CEMC6s

Although, I have some amazing mics in my collection (B&K 4003s), I find the Peluso CEMC6s extremely useful. I find myself going to them quite often. They are great as both spot mics or room mics as well. I think you'll enjoy them.

Good Luck,
Peace
Marco

thanks for the replies! Im thinking the peluso's and re20 combo is gonna be the winner for my thousand bucks. Only last hold up know is that i found matched c451's for 1K in my search for prices on the peluso's. Tempting, but i still think id be better off on the peluso's. 451's sound a bit too bright in my oppinion. Anyone happen to have both a pair of the peluso's and 451s?

I've never used the Peluso's but they've gotten a lot of good comments around here. For just an SDC pair in that price range, it would be hard to beat the Josephson C42. I am familiar with those, and they are truly excellent mics.-Richie

I have used those Josephsons...think they are a little slicker than the pelusos.
Only used the pelusos for a week or so though, had the josephsons for a month.

Back