SB Live Inputs and Recording.

Alan

I've just installed a SB live card and cant get the dam thing to record in Cubase VST/24.
I am trying to record guitar via the input (blue) and it aint happening !
I can hear the guitar on the monitors, which go via the PC, so its getting in there, but in the monitor in Cubase there is no input level what so ever.Yes I can hear other tracks recorded into the project and there monitor levels are OK.( They were done on the old card, Awe 64 Gold )
Any Ideas would be a great help.
Is this just a setup thing ?
Alan :(

Hi Alan,

Well, it does sound like a setup problem. You have gone through all of the setup in Cubase, activated the inputs etc?(should default to 1 and 2 anyway). Need more info. You are using DirectX or MME? you have selected the SB Live in system settings? You have hit the little "in" button in the monitor view? Record something and see if there is a wav created even if you can't see it.

Emeric

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 08-18-1999).]

Thanks for the response,
Now to answer your questions and give you more info.
The inputs in Cubase are “active”
In Audio/System the ASIO device is set to “ ASIO Multimedia Driver” as SB Live is not DirectX compatible ( I think ? ).
In System Settings the SB Live is active both in and out.
In the monitor view the little “in” buttons are pressed.
But still no joy, I have recorded in mono and stereo and all I get is a flat line (or two) and I have listened to the recording but no audio.
Sorry if this don’t help much, but its what I’m faced with. If you need any more info get back to me ASAP as I’m flying to Florida Saturday morning for two weeks.
( At least then you’ll get two weeks of peace without me pestering you :))

Alan :)

Alan,

bmbarrow is also using the SB LIVE! in Cubase, in case you missed his response:

"Tell Alan to make sure he has DirectX in the properties menu off. It should say MME"

Emeric

Back