Roxanne

Listening through the TV speakers. You've captured the original vibe really well. I think the keyboard is slightly loud compared to the guitar in the chorus.
Are you adding the vocals? It is a great song and a good one to cover. Nice job

Very clean. It is almost mechanical. What instruments are you playing? The Bass sounds in time with the rest of the band.

Tele. Not sure about the organ - it sounded better in my head than the end result (As usual, I started on the office studio system then finished it at home. ) Luckily, it's for a stage track - the keys will probably be replaced but have you tried to sing along with it? It is really difficult. The bass was very difficult for me to play, even though it is quite simple - the rests took a fair bit of effort to get in the right place. In the end, I actually played it to the score screen in cubase. Using my brain to remember where things were was stupidly hard. If you try to hum the melody along with the track, it turns into a reggae song. Keeping the melody straight and the bass being not on the beat messes with your head.

I give you props for achieving this.
Sting is hard to do.
The tracks sound good, the guitar stands out.
To me it's like a backing track for karaoke.
Pretty lifeless.
The toms need to come way up too.
Hi hat is nearly inaudible.
yea the organ sounds like a roller rink.
I assume you posted for mix comment.

Not really mixed at all - just the tones really - I need to do the organ, it's rotten but there aren't too many tracks to get wriong! It is of course exactly like a karaoke track, that's what it is for - a stage track - so there will be some of the tracks live, but depends on who is there. The drums I suspect won't ever get used, but the rest could.

Back