Roland td10

polarity

Going to look at a set of these
Tonight used, anything you guys can think of specifically that I should check? Selling them for $650 which seems cheap but no throne or pedal.

$650 isn't bad for a used TD-10. I had a TD-3KW, but after about 4 or so years, I traded it in for Ludwig acoustic drums. I wish I never did that, because the V-drums are by far the PERFECT practice-anytime solution.

But anyway, $650 is a good price for those. All mesh heads are the biggest value on that kit. I'd hop on it!

No, typically V-drums don't come with thrones or kick pedals. It's assumed that V-drum purchasers are drummers, and already own those items.

I've never had a set, went to check them out last night and they are in great shape. No damage to the wires or connectors on the module and everything sounded great. Picked them up and unloaded at my house and had a blast all night.

I just recently purchased the TD4-KX2 2nd hand although I paid around £650 ($1,000) so it sounds like you had a great deal ! I love mine!

I used to have the TD6 then I got a mesh head snare and a TD10 brain. Though I traded it in to return to an acoustic kit, if I was going to go the V drum route again, I'd at least get the mesh heads and definitely a TD 10 brain. I remember being amazed that I found one.

I've got all mesh heads with the td10 brain =). The symbols could definately use some upgrade though, they are the stock older rubber ones. Great sounds but strange feeling.

I've got all mesh heads with the td10 brain . The symbols could definately use some upgrade though, they are the stock older rubber ones. Great sounds but strange feeling.
Actually, it was primarilly the sound of the cymbals and high hat {with a few other factors} that led me to go back to using an acoustic kit. I felt they were the weak points.

They have some newer cymbals out that I was looking around for. Multi trigger and you can even grab/mute them.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention earlier - everything is interchangeable on V-drum kits, especially the brains. You can add cymbals too. I remember that my TD3 came with two cymbals, but there was a 3rd cymbal input jack. I was able to add a third one, although I never got around to it.

They have some newer cymbals out that I was looking around for. Multi trigger and you can even grab/mute them.

The CY-8 cymbals are multi-triggered and chokeable. If there's something new out, then I'm unfamiliar with it. At any rate - glad to see you brought it home! Have a blast.

They're also easy for recording... I recorded my 5-track demo with the TD3 kit. Direct out from the 1/4 jack into my Digitech RP150 guitar processor, used as a recording interface. After some good mixing and EQ'ing, the results were pretty pleasant. The demo is here on Youtube, if you want to hear how the V-drums sounded recorded - Algarothsyum - Spiraling to Realization Demo - YouTube

Yeah I'm still learning to drum, I've banged around on them before but having a set is different. This one has 12 inputs, currently has single bass, 4 toms, snare, 4 cymbals. So much to learn, but damned fun. Also good to know what the CY-8s are called, the guy I bought these from was telling me about them but didnt know the name..

cheers

What attracted me to the TD10 brain over everything else that was around at the time was that it had 8 outputs. Everything else I saw only had 2. That's why I was so surprized to snag it. I thought whoever had an 8 output module wouldn't be wanting to get rid of that !
I did really like the mix and match nature of V drums.

The stock rubber cymbals that shipped with the TD10 are duo zone (body & edge) - and you can program each zone to a different sound (let's say a crash for the body and a splash for the edge.

Also, they can be choked.

One trick I learned for recording (if using all 8 channels to record). I assign the kick, ssnare and toms to their own out (6 outs) and then send the cymbals and Hihat to the remaining two outs. Send all the tracks to the ambiance (very little kick) - have the ambience come back through 2 channels the cymbals are assigned to.

This makes those 2 channels sound as if the kit is being mic'd by two overhead room mics - and you want most of you sound coming from those 2 channels. Dial in the other 6 channels (kick, snare & toms) as needed for extra presence.

This method can provide much more realistic drum tracking.

Back