Roland RH-200 or Sony MDR-V700 monitor headphones

Paranfer

Hi everybody, A little help would be appreciate here.

I've just bought Roland RH-200 Monitor headphones
100 Db sensitivity
20-20000 Hz Frequency response
impedance 65 ohms
maximum input 1600mW

and I was wondering if I should change it for Sony MDR-V700 Monitor headphones.
107 DB sensitivity
5-30000 Hz Frequency response
impednace 24 ohms
maximum input 3000mW.

I've got my home recording studio since 2000, and I don't have Monitor Speakers,so bad, I'm in an apartment, So I bought Roland headphones to mix my music, so I was wondering which one of these would do the best job,knowing that Monitor Speakers is THE way to mix trought,so If someone
could help me make a decision I would really appreciate, A little gift for christmas.

Thanks for helping, maybe some of y'all have something to say about these products.Thanks Again.Let me know.

I think a lot of people don't realize how loud monitors have to be--not loud at all if my reading has been right.

I don't know of any headphones that would be good enough. I broke down and got a pair of M-Audio DX4 monitors and they've helped my mixing.

Alexbt said:
I think a lot of people don't realize how loud monitors have to be--not loud at all if my reading has been right.

funny you say that, i noticed i could get the same RTA readings at a very minor volume (if thats what your referring to)
and the plot didn't change much either, but at a certain quiet volume it shifted. i don't have the SPL....but it was surprising how quiet i could get with really the same plot as the loud 75-85db.

Ok,that answered my question, I'll try this and even change my headphones for speakers,I think I'm gonna have to read about it a little bit more,you guys put me on the track, beacause Like you said , I don't either know which headphones would do the job.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my BAD english,Thanks again I really appreciate.

Marry Crhistmas.Happy new Year.

Thanks

Back