Rode NT-USB with Garageband

boundlessriver

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue with regards to 2 microphones and garageband. I'll do my best to outline the problem below:

Basically, I have 2 Rode-NT USB microphones (Amazon.com: Rode NT-USB USB Condenser Microphone: Musical Instruments) along with 2 pairs of headphones.

I plug the headphones directly into the USB microphones, and the microphones themselves plug into the computer via USB. Now, I've got both microphones to work together and be able to record together in Garageband by following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqKohm9yrFo

So basically everything works except for one problem-- when recording, I don't hear the other person in my headphones, and vice versa, they aren't able to hear me. So I hear myself when I talk, but the other person isn't coming through my headphones. It actually was working before, and now I can't seem to get it to work again.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening and how to remedy it? Thanks a lot in advance!!

Each mic is acting as an audio interface but they're acting individually of each other.

I've never used GB but I assume there's a menu to configure your audio settings... You'll need to go in there and set up the outputs for those 2 devices so that they're outputting GB's master channel (or an aux if you prefer) and not just the input from the mic...

Back