Rocket VST is out!

pipelineaudio

I've been looking forward to the release for a nail biting, seemingly endless time!

For me this compressor handles 1176 and distressor style duties without the associated hassles.
Rocket uses the same sort of uncrippled trial as the rest of the Stillwell Audio plugs,
so don't hesitate to grab this and try it out

Rocket-ss.jpg

Grab it here!

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=68

From the Stillwell Audio site:

"The Rocket is a character audio compressor, singular in its extraordinary speed, responding in mere microseconds to variations in program level.
Being in the order of several thousand times faster than most ordinary compressors, we respectfully submit that The Rocket kicks like a mf.

Violation of the laws of physics and digital signal processing remain beyond us at this time, and a single sample at 44.1kHz has a span of
22.6 microseconds. The Rocket’s attack time can be below this level, for absolute certainty that even the very first sample understands
that you are its master. Placed on the master bus, The Rocket will effortlessly tame transients almost in the manner of a brickwall limiter.

Discussions of Science and Art are played out within The Rocket ’s ‘Impetus’ circuits, where warmth and aggression exist as DSP,
able to take the delicate, musical gain reduction to the extremes of dirty, heavy and slamming rock’n'roll misbehaviour.
Aw hell, The Rocket can rock so crank it up!"

Looks pretty sweet :)

I have to say, I'm a sucker for character compressors..I've been keeping my eye on Stillwell, they've got a number of plugins which *on paper* look like they could be really funky yet very useful. I just wish they'd put out RTAS (or, even better, TDM) versions of their plugs!

Also anyone who uses phrases such as

we respectfully submit that The Rocket kicks like a mf.

deserves some serious kudos :D

Thanks for posting this pipeline. I downloaded it last night and tried it on a drum buss. Veeerrryyy nice! Stilwell has lots of cool stuff BTW. Give 'em try guys.

I just wish they'd put out RTAS (or, even better, TDM) versions of their plugs!

Not terribly likely anytime soon...too many hoops to jump through to get access to their SDK to be able to write them. They run just fine as RTAS plugs with the latest FXpansion VST-to-RTAS wrapper, though.

Scott

These guys do great software at a very reasonable price. Worth checking out and supporting.

I'm really likeing the VibeEQ. It adds that quality analog console zing.

Bob

Hey, they are using my name in vain! :mad:

Who cares if they spell it right!

Seriously, though... I am going to get this one.

Back