Ripples (Collection)

K-dub

As I promised - because I'm mixing at warp speed these days, and wish to not clutter the board w/ track after track ... this is a collection of piano based pieces for your leisurely perusal.

The common thread between all of them is they are essentially singer/songwriter piano ballads. Yes, they will sometimes employ other instruments, but you can tell that they fall into the broad category of a Billy Joel/Ben Folds/Elton John style of writing that fundamentally is someone sitting at the piano writing songs.

Evening Star is a straight up Piano ballad.
Share my Daze could have jumped off of Abbey Road
Sleep Tight is an unabashed straight up lullabye
The Hate Song is pure novelty (which happens to be my top selling song)
Anonymous Trolls is internet comment
Dangling is Elton John modeled

Etc ... all different.

Any/all comments about anything always appreciated!

Last edited:
Being a huge Elton John fan , listened to "Dangling"...thought you where going to go into " Burn Down The Mission " with that little piano hook at :13 seconds in. :>) Awesome!
Great piano . love when the band kicks in around 1:00 in. I like the lyrics, vocal performance as always right on. If i were to nit, the drums (snare) seem a tad bright . I like how you use dynamics, breaks, and pauses in this . Lets the song really breathe and develop .
"The Hate Song" - love it, awesome lyrics! You seem like too much of a nice guy to be singing those lyrics:>). Great job !!

Being a huge Elton John fan , listened to "Dangling"...thought you where going to go into " Burn Down The Mission " with that little piano hook at :13 seconds in. :>) Awesome!
Great piano . love when the band kicks in around 1:00 in. I like the lyrics, vocal performance as always right on. If i were to nit, the drums (snare) seem a tad bright . I like how you use dynamics, breaks, and pauses in this . Lets the song really breathe and develop .
"The Hate Song" - love it, awesome lyrics! You seem like too much of a nice guy to be singing those lyrics:>). Great job !!
Yeah - his chording structure inspired "Dangling" - which coincidently was the first song I ever wrote for my eventual wife. She was merely a dalliance at the time. Fortunately, 43 years later, it all worked out well.

You hit the nail on the head ... as I'd JUST remixed the snare forward in the mix. I'll mute it a little more to that it doesn't poke out as much. When I originally wrote the piece, the band performed it w/ a sax doing the instrumental sections. I still vacillate whether to use that instead of the guitars.

"The Hate Song" (alternately titled "The Breakup Song") was a bit of a lark. It's got a poppy upbeat feel w/ absolutely trash talk lyrics. I wrote and arranged it like the antithesis of a honeymoon song - Carribean steel drums and cheezy horns and all. :D

Off working on remixing yet another collection ... busy busy busy.

Thanks for the thoughts, bud!

Back