remote recording over the internet

gousterman

I didn't find specific information on this but I'm I am interested in working with a producer-engineer that can record my songs by remote. I have a DAW and record my acoustic guitar and vocal separately or mixed on pro tools 11.
I would like to work with someone who can produce and add instrumental tracks both digitally and/or live instruments
(fiddle, electric guitar etc) and mix and master the song. I think it's possible to work together to arrange the songs. I can send the files via dropbox. I have songs posted on soundcloud that I've recorded previously ( as samples) in studio but the costs are getting too high to continue this way. I'm hoping to be able to record via the internet with someone who would be interested in the folk Americana songs I write. I'm new here on this forum so I hope I'm on the right track-- no pun intended ! Thank you...

I know you're already using Pro Tools 11, but you might want to look into both/either Pro Tools First and/or Ohm Studio-- they are free DAWs which are geared toward online collaboration. I've not really used either one yet (despite having both of them installed), but that's because I'm currently more into using DAWs for their sequencing and "live control" potentials than for doing actual recording/mixing/mastering. And I'm not sure how "public" anything you do in Pro Tools First or Ohm Studio might be, so you might want to investigate them carefully before you go posting any tracks that you don't want to "share freely" with the world. Also, I'm sure Pro Tools 11 is much more full-featured than any free DAW would be. But I'm throwing them out there for your consideration because you're asking about collaboration, and that's one of the things they're supposed to be intended for. Even if you don't end up using either of them for actually recording your tracks, you might be able to connect with other artists/producers through them.

I posted here because I couldn't find a thread/forum that addressed my questions regarding this topic. Sorry about that...
Thank you for the info that was provided.

Back