Remo Pinstripes, Emperor clear or coated ambassadors?

breeeeza

Senior MemBREH
Remo Pinstripes, Emperor clear or coated ambassadors.

Basically, i have a yamaha stage custom advantage blah... I currently have evans G2 coated on them (awfull!!) and need new skins. I like a phat (with a PH), powerful tom sound (i like the non clicky death metal sound, i.e. tune the drums down low.) and im wondering which of those sets of heads is best for the yamaha stage custom. THANKS!

Jeeez i havnt been on here for a while!

I played an amazing kit the other day at Bath Spa University, god knows what they did but it was only a Pearl Export - tuned to perfection.

It had stock Pearl heads on the bottom and Remo Pinstripes on the batter side. I'd say that's your best bet for a nice, deep, resonant thud. The ambassadors give a great vintage sound, and the emperors work best for high-tension punky stuff IMO

With the sound you describe and the way you like to tune, I would say pinstripes. Coated heads like to be tuned higher (or tighter)

Thanks alot for both of your inputs, probably part of the reason the g2's have sounded so bad is down to my tuning but other people said that they sound awful on their stage customs too.

Edit: allthough it doesnt matter, it wont let me give your any rep farview, i must have given you some years ago when i was a HR addict.

I've heard a lot of good things about Evans, but the only head I have EVER tried myself and got good results from is the EMAD kick drum head...

I like a big rock drum sound. I use pinstripes on the toms and a coated emperor-x reverse dot on the snare. I get a pretty big drum sound from old ass cheapo drums.

What have you got on the resonant? It seems to me that the bottom side is often forgetten but actually more important to the sound of the drum than the batter head...

Back