Reinstsall ...Do you lose everything?

presto5

I`m having enough problems with this program to where I think I`m going to uninstall and reinstall it. Do you lose everything? And what other tech stuff do you have to do when doing this? Thanks:confused:

I don't think you would lose anything as long your work is saved in folder outside the main Audition program files directory. All you would have to do is the typical uninstall -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall Adobe Audition.

Hope this helps! :)

The reinstall may overwrite your configuration files so you may have to reset your recording preferences and other customization settings.

You lose any presets you have stored in Audition's memory, too. However, there's a file that has all this information, and if you copy it before you uninstall, you can load that info back into the reinstalled version, and you have all your presets again. Somebody help me with this. What's that file called? It's an .ini file I think, right?

You lose any presets you have stored in Audition's memory, too. However, there's a file that has all this information, and if you copy it before you uninstall, you can load that info back into the reinstalled version, and you have all your presets again. Somebody help me with this. What's that file called? It's an .ini file I think, right?

It is AUD.ini.

I didn't mention this as sometimes that file is part of the problem. If you do copy the old one and see some of your problems return, just delete it - Audition will create a new one (but you'll have to reset your preferences again).

I didn't mention this as sometimes that file is part of the problem. If you do co

so sounds like I should just not worry about my files I guess theres not that many anyway.. deleting the problems is the point.:)thanks...right?

Uninstalling and reinstalling Audition doesn't touch the sessions you've done in Audition and saved.

The last time I did a reinstall, audition asked me if it wanted to save it's personal preferences. I dont recall if it was able to save my effect presets that I made.

hello everyone,

For storing data as well as before uninstall or reinstall you need to backup of your data and store it as a safety place which is untouched during your installation or re-installation.

Last edited:
Back