Recording track stuck

Woetertje

A little whila ago I bought the TASCAM US-600 usb/midi interface. I decided on recording my music with Adobe Audition 3.0, but I was trying to find out how to configure my TASCAM interface with my audition software. When I was doing this I propably did something wrong. I now figured out how to configure it the proper way, but when I want to start recording, my track(s) on which I'm recording are stuck on the point where the cursor is and it doesn't record anything. Can anyone help?

You need to find out if Adobe audition supports this audio interface. If you are have license with AA, you can contact their support and get their feedback.

Other thing that you can do are the following:
1.) Ensure that no other audio interface or sound cards are active except the Tascam audio interface.
2.) Use the latest Audio interface drivers.
3.) Ensure that your Adobe Audition installation is not corrupt. Try reinstalling it.
4.) Optimize your PC for USB audio interface. You can read some tips here:

Optimize Windows XP for Firewire &USB Audio Interface during Recording - for Windows users

5.) Make sure that your Tascam is connected to a dedicated USB port and there are no other USB devices on the system. Just try this to see if it works.

Good luck!

Failure of the cursor to move when you try to record (or playback for that matter) is generally down to Audition not properly detecting your interface.

What version of AA are you using as the menu for this set has moved a bit since the earlier ones?

The other thing to do is to make sure you've downloaded and installed the latest drivers for your interface (preferably ASIO if you're offered a choice.

Anyway, when you let us know which version of AA you're using I can try to give some more info.

Back