a real question here for any Engineer.
When I sing or talk into a microphone and
record it, it does not sound exactly like
I hear myself. In other words it does not
sound the same when im talking or singing to
myself.
Question: Is there a calculation for mike
placement using multiple mikes, pan settings,
db levels, etc. Or Is there some kind of fluid or bone (transmission of sound through
your water content and bone mass) calculation
that can be made and be transposed to the
mechanical devices being used.(mikes,db levels, frequency settings, etc.)
I really would like to know if this is possible to do.
The only other question I have in life is "Why is there Air" and why is most of it
between my ears!
Carpe Diem

While I may not have the answer you are looking for, I think I would try getting a better mic. Getting a mic that is more "transparent" means it will sound like what you hear when you are singing into it. There are thousands of other things you could and maybe even should change, but start with that.
MIKE

keep in mind you hear yourself with two ears and when you move, the source moves with what is picking up the sound and the source is part of what is picking up the sound it would be hard to accurately capture vocals with a mic the way you hear it maybe stereo micing exactly the distance between ears, omni pattern mics aiming away from each other just like the ears then think that sound travels faster through bone and water than it does air so certain resonant frequencies are arriving or being perceived by the ear before that which goes through the air i bet i could do it though.... with a little eq

Silent sound understood the question.
I know about the source and knew that I
would problably need two mikes to simulate
ears picking up the sound. I did not think of turning them outwards though and that is
problably the way to go. Seems they would
have to be a matched set also. I have a cm4050 but only one so I may have to rent an
equal or better set. Any suggestions on mikes? Do you think 3 mikes would be the way to go, with the center mike being the greater
distance? Thanks for the idea silent sound and any more you or anyone else may have.
DuckHead

Silent sound understood the question.
I know about the source and knew that I
would problably need two mikes to simulate
ears picking up the sound. I did not think of turning them outwards though and that is
problably the way to go. Seems they would
have to be a matched set also. I have a cm4050 but only one so I may have to rent an
equal or better set. Any suggestions on mikes? Do you think 3 mikes would be the way to go, with the center mike being the greater
distance? Thanks for the idea silent sound and any more you or anyone else may have.
DuckHead

Back