Recording from Roland RA90

JerryDee

My setup includes a MIDI Guitar (GK2 p/up and GR7 synth) connected to the RA90 Realtime Arranger.
I would like to make a demo CD of my music. Can you tell me if it's possible to feed the outputs from the RA90 into software like Cubase? If so, what interface would I need?
If this works, my next step would be to go into a studio to add the guitar and vocal tracks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Assuming you want to record the AUDIO output (not MIDI), andyaudio interface with 2 separate track ability will work for you. M Audio Fast Track Pro, Focusrite Saffire ... What's your budget?

Assuming you want to record the AUDIO output (not MIDI), andyaudio interface with 2 separate track ability will work for you. M Audio Fast Track Pro, Focusrite Saffire ... What's your budget?

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I will google the products you mention. Your response gave me a new thought - there is a MIDI OUT connection on the RA90, so does that mean I could feed the MIDI out into a DAW? Is so, I guess I would have editing capabilities on the various MIDI voices? My budget is about $600 - limited as I have just retired. The recording I want to make is more for posterity than for commercial purposes.

Yes, you can record MIDI (with Reaper, for example) - note this just records the MIDI control signals. I record MIDI from my Casio workstation, then use plug-ins on the tracks to create the actual audio. You could route the MIDI out to external devices, too, of course.

Back