Recording and mixing on a Tascam model 12

Mr W Music

Hi There,
When I recorded from my daw into the Multi Track Recorder, I can't find a way to ajust any tracks with my Tascam.
There is no fader or eq working on the recorded session!
I'm not comming any further with my manual and can't find a tutorial about it.
Someone has any sugestions?
Thanks in advance and best regards.

I hope you haven't been watching any YouTube videos. There are some really bad ones on these Tascam recorders which will only leave you even more confused. The manual assumes you know all about recording already so isn't very helpful if you aren't an experienced recordist.

Unfortunately I don't know any good resources for these machines. I ended up doing a couple of days tuition on a Model 16 for a friend of mine and I think it really helped them to have someone walk through the process but it is a bit too much to put in a few posts here. One thing that I would suggest that you check is that you don't have any of the PFL buttons pressed in.

I hope you haven't been watching any YouTube videos. There are some really bad ones on these Tascam recorders which will only leave you even more confused. The manual assumes you know all about recording already so isn't very helpful if you aren't an experienced recordist.

Unfortunately I don't know any good resources for these machines. I ended up doing a couple of days tuition on a Model 16 for a friend of mine and I think it really helped them to have someone walk through the process but it is a bit too much to put in a few posts here. One thing that I would suggest that you check is that you don't have any of the PFL buttons pressed in.
Thanks for you're message. I watch all the youtube video's about the Tascam Model 12, but no one is about editing the separed Multi Tracks. And there are no PFL buttons on the Model 12. But maybe one day I will find out.
Best regards,
Ronald Winkel

Is the M12 set to control your DAW?
Hi, that‘s something else. I triyed for days now to connect it thru Cubase 12. but I can’t get it right. The online YouTube movies to connect the M12 to the Cubase daw are outdated. And to try to fix the daw thru cubase remote controle is even more diffecult. So if you have any other sugestions, then they are more then welcome.
thanks a lot and best regards,
Ronald Winkel

Back