Recording 2 amps in two different rooms with one guitar

jimmys69

MOODerator
Looking into the best splitter solution for best sound quality.

Anyone have experience with this?

I've used Boss pedals for stuff like this. Boss pedals are buffered, and one with two outputs will get it done. No need for fancy splitters, but you will probably want buffering for long cable runs.

Jim, why don't you use a cheap mixer and use the outputs from the mixer?

I've used Boss pedals for stuff like this. Boss pedals are buffered, and one with two outputs will get it done. No need for fancy splitters, but you will probably want buffering for long cable runs.

Thanks man, I have heard that. The issue is more that I don't really even want to have a pedal in the chain.

Just an old Marshall and a Boogie direct from SG or LP.

Oh, by the way that comment I made about 'go big and stay home' meant just screw the neighbors. Crank a big amp and record at home. :)

Thanks man, I have heard that. The issue is more that I don't really even want to have a pedal in the chain.

Just an old Marshall and a Boogie direct from SG or LP.

Oh, by the way that comment I made about 'go big and stay home' meant just screw the neighbors. Crank a big amp and record at home. :)

Lol. I get not wanting a pedal in the chain for sure. But you're probably gonna be using looooong cable runs, right? That hurts little tidbits of tone all by itself if that's a consideration, so what the hell? Buffered pedals are great for helping with that, and the difference in sound will be negligible.

Actually only 25' between the two rooms. Two 20' 14ga speaker cables to the iso rooms and from splitter to two heads with 15' inst cables in the control room.

Actually only 25' between the two rooms. Two 20' 14ga speaker cables to the iso rooms and from splitter to two heads with 15' inst cables in the control room.

Oh okay, so if the heads will be in there with the player, then it's not a big deal. Run one normal, like 10ft cable from guitar to the splitter, then the shortest cables you can get away with from the splitter to the heads. You could use a true bypass splitter if you're running short cables like that.

Oh okay, so if the heads will be in there with the player, then it's not a big deal. Run one normal, like 10ft cable from guitar to the splitter, then the shortest cables you can get away with from the splitter to the heads. You could use a true bypass splitter if you're running short cables like that.

Thanks man!

Just bought the Radial ABY.

Always. I been spending money like it going out of style lately...

By the way, not making it out to Texas. Trip ending at New Orleans. :(

Will likely fish with you one day before death. :)

Always. I been spending money like it going out of style lately...

By the way, not making it out to Texas. Trip ending at New Orleans. :(

Will likely fish with you one day before death. :)

It's cool dude. New Orleans on a bad day is better than any day in Texas. :)

Back