record with casio ctk-945

Psygnosis

Hi to all,
I'm new here, I'm a drummer and I have passion for homerecording, and I'm trying to choose what software is the best for mixing for me between cubase and audition...

I have a casio ctk-945 I don't need to record the new einaudi's album but I just what to have fun with recording...
I have also an m-audio...

My old keyboard doesn't have a midi out, can I record track by connect the headphone out to the guitar/instrument in of the m-audio device? or a mic-in of a simple audio device?!

thanks in advance

My old keyboard doesn't have a midi out, can I record track by connect the headphone out to the guitar/instrument in of the m-audio device? or a mic-in of a simple audio device?!

Software aside, you could have a pretty level bad mis-match on your hands there.

Headphone out to line in or instrument in might be acceptable if you keep the headphone level down. It's still far from ideal though.

Don't run the headphone output into a microphone preamp input. It'll be far too hot for the mic pre to handle.

oh thanks, "acceptable" quality is just what I need...

So i can low the keyboard volume and then record...after this I can adjust volume and EQ with a DAW right?

Back