Record / Playback configuration - newbie ?

futbol1097

A newbie here - just purchased N-Track upon realizing that my previous software which did not support ASIO drivers was the reason for the severe latency problem I was experiencing. I record with a Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface, and I went with N-Track for its ASIO support (and low price tag, obviously) because I want to use the Direct Monitor feature of the Tascam. I'm trying to figure out how to set-up my "Recording" and "Playback" sound card options to enable this feature. Basically I want to disable input monitoring altogether through my computer's sound card and directly monitor tracking through my Tascam US-122, and the "direct monitoring" control. So when I am overdubbing tracks I would be able to listen to the other tracks through the headphones plugged into the Tascam and record with no latency. Can anyone help me with configuring N-Track 4.2.1 to support this control?

My recording & playback options are: (SigmaTel is my computer soundcard)

Audio Playback Devices:
ASIO US-122 (16 bit)
ASIO US-122 (24 bit)
MME: SigmaTel Audio
MME: US-122 Out
MME: Wave Mapper
WDM: SigmaTel Audio
1-WDM: US-122 Out

Audio Recording Devices:
ASIO US-122 (16 bit)
ASIO US-122 (24 bit)
MME: SigmaTel Audio
MME: US-122 Out
MME: Wave Mapper
WDM: SigmaTel Audio
1-WDM: US-122 Out

Which options do I select in order to record with the US-122? Just ASIO, or do I select more than one? Also, Tascam customer support said that in order for the Direct Monitor control to work, I also need to set my MIDI ports (both MIDI In and MIDI Out) to the US-122. Where is this option available?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks for the help,
E

I haven't used n-track extensively, and I'm pretty new to recording. However, I believe, from using my firepod, that you need to use the AISO settings for both. Really, you should just try them all and see which work, but through Cubase I use AISO.

Alex

Back