Reccording problem latency

Peteee20

Hi guys,

I use Sonar 8.5 with ASIO4ALL on my Desktop(which is good enough to run with it)and a M-AUDIO Tascam Interface and i have a problem After my recording.
While i'm reccording, everything sounds good with no latency and it's perfect.
But when i play back my track, i have some milliseccond latency..It seems like my computer reccorded a little bit late. I need to back my track a little bit with my cursor to be right in time.

ASIO4ALL has solved my playing latency through my Sound Card but seems to reccord with a latency..

Is there an Option in Sonar/Cakewalk that can back automatically your track right after reccording, Offset or something ?? I don't know!

Thanks for your help guys!

M-Audio Tascam? That's two different interfaces. Anyway, use a zero latency USB interface and use it's proprietary drivers.

asio4all is a hack to make a built-in soundcard think its using asio (it actually wraps WDM)

If you have a real asio soundcard use it's own proprietary drivers.

I had the same problem. There is an offset in the advanced driver settings. I'm not at my workstation so I can't remember exactly.

I use Sonar X1, but moved from Sonar 8.5 - I had the same issue once I switched to SONAR X1. I had an Edirol UA-25EX interface, and then moved to the Cakewalk version of the same interface. Issue is, Tascam, especially their 122-144 lines Do not use their own ASIO drivers, and instead piggy back of your computer's WMD (Windows Media Drivers). As for the ASIO4ALL, It is a simulation, allowing you access the bit-rate of your interface thus allows you to change it's latency. Problem being... this fails eventually.

The ONLY way to fix this issue, is stated above.... Get a new interface. I don't need anything that is "industry grade." I was going to go with the updated version of the UA-25EX and get Roland's Quad-Capture, which has award winning mic-pres and amazing 0 latency drivers... but I saved 20 bucks and went with Akai Pro's brand new EIE-Professional Interface (4inx4out, with 4 USB 2.0 bank for MIDI instruments, Synths, drum machines etc.). Pre-amps could be better... but its the most solid unit for the price I have ever had.

Back