Rate My Mix - Surf Rock

ebellon

Hello,

I'm working on my band's new album and need some feedback about this. All other songs use the same guitars, bass and drums, so if you help me on this one I can apply the changes on the others.

It's a surf rock with a lo-fi approach. Full mix first, then the individual tracks. I think the frequencies are well balanced, but I'm not so sure about the level of the tracks. The drums seem loud, but when I put a limiter in my daw (to match the professional songs) everything seems to fit well.

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...1180411/0a3be7

Please, don't be afraid to let me down :laughings: and thank you very much :thumbs up:

lol

Try this one:

wetransfer . com / downloads / e8d509e43498fd4cfb59866e717923d220161031180411 / 0a3be7

The drums are the issue. The entire kit sits in the middle. As such, instruments that do use the stereo field like the rhythm guitar jump out. The kit also sounds electronic, not sure if that can be fixed if it is. Perhaps some judicious compression and appropriate reverb would help liven it up. This all depends entirely on how much control you have of the drum kit's individual parts.

Back