Random mutilated audio

RickyT

I have a track of vocals in Sonar 8 Pro, it sounds great, etc. Right? Well, randomly, if I exit Sonar, I come back... it's completely distorted, crackly, and the vocals are really high and robotic and messed up. I can't fix this. And it happens completely randomly. At one point sonar got an error and closed, but asked me if I wanted to save a copy of my progress - so I did. Even the copy had weirded out vocals afterwards. It's extremely frustrating. Does anyone know why this might be? Thank you!

EDIT: Also, I should add that the actual waveform seems unchanged - and my v-vocal clip looks the same. But it sounds all messed up.

EDIT 2: Okay, well I deleted all bypassed the audio effects and it sounded fine... so then I deleted them and it still sounded fine. But muting the effects still sounded messed up. Does anyone know why this would happen? I would rather like to not have to delete and reapply effects every time I open a file.

Also, something's making Sonar crash now, with an error asking me if I'd like to back stuff up. Anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks!

Last edited:
Help me too!

I get the same thing when turning off some effects, ie , it all works fine, but then if you uncheck the effect it gets mutilated. This only happens with some plug-ins, and until yesterday, had always happened, but it was suddenly fine yesterday. It's also fine if you use the built-in bypass button ON the plug-in, which has nothing to do with the little green checkbox in the "fx" part of the track. I don't really know what's going on either, although you should note, i left it running for 30 sec or so one day and it got louder and louder very quickly. I know exactly the sound you're describing though...

Back