Questions about Digidesign 002 Console

way95

Got a few questions on the digidesign 002 mixer console.

I think I read that the functions on this console are fully integrated with Pro Tools. So I'm assuming that any adjustment of levels etc on the mixer is happening on the screen at the same time???

Also, this acts as a audio interface...correct? Would this complete the signal from the mic to the computer?

+1 to that. That's exactly how it works.
Just be aware of support if you're shopping.
The 002 may not be supported for long, if they haven't already dropped it.

Thanks for the quick replies. So it looks like the newer flashy option would be the Artist Mix or Artist Control Surfaces only those two are only control surfaces not interfaces. I'm just rambling at the possibilities sofar, but those two look pretty cool.

So I guess the purpose of a control surface is simply to give the control of what's happening on the screen in a easier-to-use form...right? It doesn't particularly add to the functionality...?

I don't know the presonus, but yes to your previous question.

Generally, control surfaces are just that. They're pretty much a big fancy mouse.
Usually interfaces are interfaces. Analog audio in - Digital audio/data out (to computer).

Once in a while somebody combines the two and you get a digi 002/003 or similar.
Sometimes they like to confuse you with stuff like the control 24. It's a control surface with analog paths for monitoring control, and also with 24 preamps built in. It's not an interface though so you need converters to go with it.

Unfortunately the StudioLive is not a control surface. If it were I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I've been pestering Presonus about this for quite some time. Maybe if enough people shoot them an e-mail they'd build it.

Back