question about wasapi and sonar x1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DJYoshaBYD

ok.. so this is driving me up the wall.. lol.. im used to using ASIO, as that is pretty much the standard.. but, i have tis Behringer USB mixer, that has no ASIO driver.. It uses WDM.. Now, with Sonar X1 set to its lowest latency, which is 5.8ms, it will keep having audio dropouts.. i have screwed around with so many of the settings, and i cannot figure it out..

is there something im missing with wasapi? everything i read about online, says its pretty much going to be the standard eventually.. lots of cool features with it, like the ability to use multiple audio interfaces, which is a very sexy concept to me..

so yeah.. anyone else here using wasapi/wdm in sonar x1?

oh yeah.. i did already try asio4all.. it wont recognize my inputs.. just my outputs, and it never starts..

any ideas?

X1 is still working through some rough spots, and a new patch is slated for release next month.
Did you apply the X1a patch and, if so, the hotfix that corrected some ASIO issues?

Also, tell us a little bit more about what you're attempting to do with Sonar and the Beri mixer, as well as some info about the rest of your setup (computer horsepower, midi, etc.)

This might enable us to help out a bit more with your dropout issues :)

i just actually figured it out.. my onboard sound card was causing the issue, and disabling it made ASIO4ALL work perfect.. 2.8ms (estimated through x1)..

so for its cool.. im going to get some brews and put x1 through the ringer.. i may bump up the latency just a tad to have some more overhead.. if its under 5ms, im a happy camper for now.. but so far, its not popping, and no more audio dropouts.. i loaded addictive drums, and 3 instances of Guitar Rig 4, and on HiQ mode, and recorded on one of the tracks.. no nothing.. worked perfectly.. but, time will tell..

as for my setup, i made a thread about it a while back when i first joined

https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...ay/here-my-studio-just-way-say-hi-lol-317038/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back