Properly Setting Up Control Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel | Davis

I purchased my first control surface today, a KORG NanoKontrol-to be used with Logic Express 8. It has nine assignable control groups and transport controls, with four total scenes. I downloaded the template here at the KORG website, and now whenever I open up Logic I hit "command + L" to go into learn mode and set up the channels. I only used it with a minimal track demo so far, but I assigned Tracks 1-8 to control levels, panning, mute and solo. I assume I'd do this learning process with every new project I create in Logic, but my little experience with this leads me to question if there is a more efficient way of doing this or if other Logic users have a different preference.

So, how do you personally have your control surfaces set up? I looked on some other forums that some people have a dedicated control group that had the knob to switching between busses and the fader to control each level, among other possibilities. Also, am I going about assigning this control surface the correct way? Or am I complicating the process?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back