Programming synths from scratch and a B3 in Mixcraft

EL34

Clown car chauffeur
Oh man, I am having a blast programming Synths on this tune test tune in Mixcraft 4
It's more of an excercise and my first time actually doing synths from scratch.
I did a Synth tune a while back by chopping up synth loops, but I didn't actually create those loops, I downloaded them.

here's mix. #2

I re-did all the guitar parts
I added a monster crunch guitar sound using my low B 6 string guitar.
I double tracked two different lead guitar sounds to get a fatter lead tone
Didn't really feel like going crazy with a solo on this tune so I just added a short solo.
The guitar parts in this mix are way tighter than mix #1
I lowered the levels on the background choir for the main song body.

mix #2

Here's mix 1
Note that I just threw in a quick place holder where I want to insert a lead later.
Still have to do the drums and some other stuff

Last edited:
Caught me off guard! There is a bit of dead air in the beginning and suddenly "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"!

I liked it! :D

Very cool mix you have going on there, dude! Nice balance, everything fits well.

My only nit would be the aforementioned "AHHHH's". You can tell they are keyboard generated... :(

Fix that and BAM!

Hehehe, no, I enslaved a large church choir in my basement and made them sing that stuff!! LOL. :D

I just threw that vocal stuff in as an experiment.
I don't mind it too much.

I love electronic/ambient/synth stuff like Jean Michael Jarre and other artist.

Would love to do an all electronic piece someday.

I still have some stuff to do to this, I'll keep messing with it and post another mix

Thanks guys.
Long time no talk NAKA. :)

Anyone guess the name of this mystery tune and the band that did it?
Hint: Northern europe

I got sound now!!!:D ...man, have I got a lot of catching up to do!!:eek:

WOW...I love the axe in this EL!!

I like a little trance here and there and this sounds pretty cool....of course, without the axe it wouldn't be as listenable to me.;)

I have no idea who did this tune either!

Hello True, how's everything?
Hope you are back up and running and all is well.

It's also sorta Goth sounding with the dungeon choir?
I'll spill the beans on the original artist later. :D

Hi Doug...

I finally got the sound back for listening. Still haven't tried to record yet...hope it has enough oomph to do that.

A little Goth never hurt anyone!!...I'm gonna have to try that choir-enslaved-in-the-basement thingy...:D

...and watch out spilling those beans...that could be a dangerous thing.:eek:

That cool sythe sound sure goes well with the grinding guitars-it all works pretty well together. The melody of the song is hauntingly familiar, and from the clue given I'm gonna go out on a limb and take a guess......is it by ABBA?????:confused:

That's what I was thinking, but I can't get the song off the tip of my tongue... anyone got a good mirror handy?:D

Hahahahahahah, anfo nailed the group!!!

The title is - Lay all your Love on Me

Pretty cool tune actually.
It is pop music done to perfection in my opinion. :p
Most people are afraid of ABBA and so I didn't post the title so as not to scare anyone away.

Anywho.
i am just about done with another mix and if you like the heavy grind guitars, you will probably like the new mix better

be back in a while with the new mix

here's is the original tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWI2bTckbgc

Hahahahahahah, anfo nailed the group!!!

The title is - Lay all your Love on Me

Pretty cool tune actually.
It is pop music done to perfection in my opinion. :p
Most people are afraid of ABBA and so I didn't post the title so as not to scare anyone away.

Anywho.
i am just about done with another mix and if you like the heavy grind guitars, you will probably like the new mix better

be back in a while with the new mix

here's is the original tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWI2bTckbgc

I can't remember hearing that song, but the group has a singing style and phrasing that is all their own-I was going totally on that alone. I'll have to check in on the next mix soon..:D

Ok, here's a new mix.

I re-did all the guitar parts
I added a monster crunch guitar sound using my low B 6 string guitar.
I double tracked two different lead guitar sounds to get a fatter lead tone
Didn't really feel like going crazy with a solo on this tune so I just added a short solo.
The guitar parts in this mix are way tighter than mix #1
I lowered the levels on the background choir for the main song body.

Ha! My 9-year old daughter called it immediately. "oh, this is from Mama Mia!" She knew it was ABBA right away, but of course I had no clue. She loves it, so I will have to defer to her as the resident ABBA fan.:D

She sang along with the guitars and seems to think you got the melody just about right, so extra credit there too...

Mix sounds good to me...guitars maybe sizzling a bit...I dunno - am on pc speakers w/ sub. Nice job.:)

Hehe, that's funny, I hope she liked it. :)
This first time I remember hearing that song was the movie, Mama mia.

It stuck in my head and I downloaded it from I-tunes.

Just so happened that when I started fooling around with creating synth sounds, I remembered that tune had some cool syncopated synth stuff and so I recorded it.

Last edited:
Back