Problems with USB-microphone. Looking for help!

Kligan

Hello! I have an issue that I can't resolve myself. So I came here hoping that somebody who knows better could help me. Oh, and apologies in advance if i mess something up - english is not my native language :)

So, here's what happened. I decided to change my old logitech mic-on-a-stick that I was using for more than 9 years now. It finally began to give up. I wanted to get something better than default stick-microphone for PC. I made a brief research and found the Samson Meteorite model in the internet. According to what I've read about it - it's compact and good, worth it's cost. So I ordered it.
It arrived today, I plugged it in... and then I realized that I forgot one big thing - USB microphones do not have the same options as analog ones - I'm talking about echo cancellation, directional signal (i'm not sure how that one is called in english) and stuff like this.
So in the end - even though the microphone has good quality of recording, it captures every little bit of sound that comes out of my speakers. And before you suggest that - I have stereo mixer turned off every time.
The MAIN usage for this microphone is supposed to be voice-chat that I'm frequently using. But w/o a way to block sound from my speakers it is impossible to use.

I googled and found that apparently the only way to fix it according to what I found is to get the Samson Sound Deck software. And Samson has the audacity to charge me money for it! Even thought I bought their product already!
Unfortunately, even if I want to buy it - I can't! For some reason their site is telling me that billing adress is not the same as cardholder's (I tried several times with the same result).
Not to mention, I highly doubt that such basic-looking software will fix all my problems. It's looking more like a money-grab.

So here I am! I hope there is a solution, otherwise I just got myself a good device for capturing my voice if I will want to sing or something. I can't use it for anything else right now.

Last edited:
Turn off the speakers and use headphones/earbuds?
Seriously, ANY mic plugged into a system with speakers and latency is going to do the same thing unless you have some kind of auto-mute software going.

I don't have a headgear, I don't like to use it. And my previous analog microphone didn't capture anything from my speakers when I had advanced options enabled - those that USB microphone is lacking.

You aren't leaving many options open. You want the speakers to send your voice back to the microphone but don't want the microphone to be able to hear it?

Back