Problems with Fostex MR-8

wearethesong

I recently purchased a Fostem MR-8 digital multitracker for a very low price because it has power problems. I plan on taking it to my nearest Fostex dealer for repairs, but before i spend the money, i want to be sure this is not something simple to fix.

When i plug in the power supply and flip the on switch, the display flashes on and then turns off without displaying anything. when i put batteries into the machine, it does not even flash the screen when i turn it on.

Any ideas of a simple fix i may be able to handle on my own?

Did you get it fixed?

I recently purchased a Fostem MR-8 digital multitracker for a very low price because it has power problems. I plan on taking it to my nearest Fostex dealer for repairs, but before i spend the money, i want to be sure this is not something simple to fix.

When i plug in the power supply and flip the on switch, the display flashes on and then turns off without displaying anything. when i put batteries into the machine, it does not even flash the screen when i turn it on.

Any ideas of a simple fix i may be able to handle on my own?

Hi I recently purchased one of these machines and I'm a bit worried now seeing all the bad press about them. I was wondering if you ever got yours fixed?

thanks,

Stefano

Hi, I just bought a used little red pain-in-the-a** yesterday.
I'm already having problems with it, as described in the other
MR-8 threads (CF card problems, and updates).
By now I'm so aggravated I'm ready to throw my little red
booger at an on-coming bus. lol

I'll go back to Fostex's better machines (the VF16 and the VF160,
which are the best Fostex machines I've ever used).

Back