Pro Tools First stereo issue

styleruk

Hi all, hope I don't get shot down too much here. I am new to Pro Tools, but have used other physical and software mixing tools, so I understand the method. But I recently bought an Air M-Audio and it came with pro tools first which is nice. But there is one issue that is driving me bonkers and that is if I start a simple project with a guitar and vocal mono input, when I mix, I cannot pan to create any kind of stereo. I've followed tutorials and it is the simplest thing to do...apparently, but my pan acts like a volume.
I have no issue doing this in any other software and to be honest, it's only occasionally I want to add a stereo effect. But even with a stereo wav file from my drummer, both balance volumes do not produce a stereo effect.
Any clues?

It sounds like the left (or right) channel of Pro Tools main output might be assigned to both channels of the hardware. I'd check the routing matrix (assuming Pro Tools First is like the other versions of Pro Tools I've used).

It sounds like the left (or right) channel of Pro Tools main output might be assigned to both channels of the hardware. I'd check the routing matrix (assuming Pro Tools First is like the other versions of Pro Tools I've used).

It does not seem to have that option, I've seen videos of that, but it does not have it on PT first. That sounds like what it could be though.

Back