Pro Audio 9's audio view in Sonar

Vinnydude

Clunge Monster
Am i totally looking stright past this, but does Sonar 8 not have a wave editor?

i know i can zoome in and do it that way, but in Cakewalk pro audio 9, when you double click you get a nice lil wave editor which was very handy. I'm wanting to run this on a 2nd monitor i just got, but i can only find the loop player, which is not useful in the slightest for what i want!

I have a feeling i'm missing something blindingly obvious though!

Can someone please put me out of my misery and tell me where i'm looking!

True, Sonar does not have a wave editor.

They now use the tools menu to load shortcuts to your favorite third party wave editors.

BUT....Sonar now has "slip-editing" which can be accessed though hot keys.

VERY handy.

If you left-click inside any track and drag the mouse, you'll create a shaded "area" inside the track. You can use hot keys to solo, mute, or shift-crop this data inside the track without harming the clip at all.

Let's say you want to kill a clunker in an otherwise perfect take, or even take out some bleed between notes. You use these tools to "edit" the take without actually changing anything about it. It's like creating an instant fader mute/solo without any enveloping involved.

With shift-cropping you can shorten the front of the track, shorten the end of the track, or actually move data inside the track while keeping the track position in place. The last one is the only one that's difficult to reverse (because you actually change data inside the clip) without using undo. All the others can be undone very easily.

Slip editing is a right of passage in Sonar. Once you get the hang of it, you can't track without it.

Lol

I already use all those methods!!!

Guess i'll just have to live without it, boo.

But now i'm in a quandry as to what i'd want in my 2nd monitor. My plan was the Piano roll or wave editor of my selected track.

Maybe a should start a topic in another group about 2nd monitor usage then to get some ideas. Yeah i shall do that :D

Thanks for your help man.

Back