Private Mardi Gras

Cool tune man. Low end is somewhat weak. Especially the bass guitar. But more so I hear the mids being way out front on many parts. Like the tone of the added guitar at the end. Go there! Vocal effect is kind of distracting to me. It has a 'buzzy' feel for lack of a better word.

Great talent and performance there. The mix is just unbalanced IMO.

Cool tune man. Low end is somewhat weak. Especially the bass guitar.
+1 on that

Vocal effect is kind of distracting to me.

There's a really long tail on the reverb/delay there. Coupled with how much you're straining on the vocal - making it kind of nasal - it does end up being a somewhat distracting vocal.

It kind of sounds like you're going for the GnR octave vocals effect on the chorus. I'd recommend turning the 'verb way down, and turning up the octave down vocal. I think Axl puts the two octaves at almost even.

Last edited:
+ another 1 on the light low end.

A ton of gain on the guitars. At first I didn't like it. But by the end of the 1st verse it kind of started sounding cool.

The vocals sound way back in the mix. They have a weird and big-ish reverb on them, while most everything else is much dryer. I think the vocal needs to sit much more out front. I'd rethink the whole reverb strategy. And also adjust levels.

The drums are also a bit weak and back in the mix. Especially the kick.

Back